Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Solid" Food

Ok, so Ari has been getting bigger and learning a lot of new things. She has also been staying hungry ALL day so I started looking at the baby cereals. After reading their purposefully vague age recommendations we decided that she was a “supported sitter” and was hence ready to launch out into the exciting world of single-grain rice cereal. So we cracked out the bibs, sat her up in her bumbo seat and went for it:





I wouldn’t say she enjoyed it, but she started to get the hang of it. It actually wouldn’t have been quite so messy if it wasn’t for her new infatuation to live life with her little fingers in her mouth at all times. But she’s getting better at it and it has cut down on the number of times she has to eat in the day. Yea Ari!



Eating is hard work!

4 comments:

Dana said...

She is so beautiful and getting so big! I know I have not formally met her yet, but Gram talks about her all the time and I have seen lots of pictures. I can't wait to see her in person.

I hope school is going well, JO. I am so proud of you for sticking it out! And Wendy staying home with Ari is the best job anyone can ask for. I'm so glad I found your blog! Hope to see you soon.

Dana Wright

Vanderlinden Clan said...

she is so cute! and so little! how old is she now? she is really precious. I wonder if I will ever know how it feels to have a little girl... maybe someday, but I love my boys

Arin and Troy said...

Yay! Wendy lives! Is it weird to have a little girl that looks like her dad instead of you? At least I'm guessing that is who she looks like b/c I don't really see you in her, she is super cute though!

So, that pic of Troy & Ganny is at a 50s diner that they opened up at the country club. It was pretty good, just burgers and stuff with a fun atmosphere. I can't believe how much Chickasha has changed, but I guess I hadn't been back for almost 4 years. When was the last time you have been? I would love to be able to go back the same time as, but I probably won't be going back for another year or two depending on how life goes. :)

I'm glad you finally made a new post, hopefully they won't be so few and far between. I really am glad to be back in touch with you again. I have thought about you alot of the years and have missed you. I hope we dont lose touch again for so long. I always did consider you one of my best friends even though we didnt necessarily have the same "group" of friends and hang out as much as I would have wanted. But it was nice having someone that I felt like was the same as me and could understand more than most people what my life was really like. Our situations were so similar. Doesnt it feel good to come out on top? :) Anyways, this has turned into a really long post. Talk to you later!

Arin and Troy said...

Hey, will you email me at arindwalker@yahoo.com so that I can make sure that I have your current email address? That is my old email address, but I dont want to post my current one for the entire world to see. I will email you back with my current address. Thanks!