Friday, October 17, 2008

J. O.'s Birthday Cake

Those of you who facebook already know that I made my first carrot cake at the beginning of the month for Jeremy's birthday. I appreciate the luck that was wished and wish that I could have filled the out-of-state requests for slices. I used a Martha Stewart (shocker) recipe and was quite pleased by how it turned out. I couldn't quite pin Jeremy down with an answer as to whether it was better than his mom's. He would only say that they were both very good, just different. Lawyering skills, I guess!


Martha's:



Mine:



After:



I think it was pretty close! Next time I make this you are all invited; it's pretty big! Jeremy ate it for about a week but wasn't able to finish it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it tasted better than mine or not but it's certainly prettier!Congratulations :)

Kristen said...

what a pro you've become! is there any way you can either put up those pictures of arianna i took with your camera or just e-mail them to me? that would be splendid. i've really wanted to see them. my email is kristen_2008@yaoo.com.
thanks!
love ya!!
kristen

Arin and Troy said...

Nice job on the cake! Why is it that men can never betray their mothers when it comes to food? Lol!